by Alex Cannara (originally posted here)
Here are some good reports, and the graphic shows how their grid management costs have skyrocketed as wind/solar are deployed...
- Development And Integration Of Renewable Energy: Lessons Learned From Germany (PDF, note Fig. 25 Interventions)
- Germany is a cautionary tale of how energy polices can harm the economy
- Electricity production from solar and wind in Germany in 2013, Fraunhofer Institute (pdf slides)
- Reality Check: Germany Does Not Get Half of its Energy from Solar Panels, by Robert Wilson
- Former German Minister Of Economics Calls Energiewende “A Disaster” ... ”Careened Completely Out Of Control”, by P Gosselin
- X-Federal Minister Of Economics Clement says : Energy revolution "completely out of joint" (in German)
- Germany 2014 Report Card Is In! Its 25,000 Wind Turbines Get An “F-“ ... Averaged Only 14.8% Of Rated Capacity!, by P Gosselin
In 2014, " ... Germany’s wind turbines as a whole ran at between 0 to 10% of their rated capacity 45.5% of the time (3986.75 hrs)! The turbines, which the German government says will become the “workhorse” of the German power industry, ran at over 50% of their rated capacity only for 461 hours, or just 5.2% of the time."
- Sigmar Gabriel: "We are just before the failure of the energy turnaround" (youtube, in German, Vice Chancellor)
- German TV show mocks green policies of grand coalition (youtube, in German, TV show)
- The foolishness of the German Energiewende, by Mathijs Beckers (true costs)